Dear Friends, Clients and Fellow Associates~
This week will be spotlighting the Top Ten Reasons to buy property in Long Cove with its 660 acres, great neighbors and its fantastic Pete Dye Golf Course. We are also spotlighting the Top Ten Reasons to buy property in the Hilton Head’s original beach community Folly Field with all its great sports fields and beautiful beach parks.
Folly Field & Singleton Beach Areas
- It has great history! In 1953 The first vacation cottages were developed on Folly Field Road. Olin McIntosh of the Hilton Head Company built the island’s first beach cottages at Folly Field to generate more ferry traffic from the mainland in hopes that the South Carolina government would then build a bridge to accommodate all the new residents and visitors.
- It has a great location! Located between Palmetto Dunes and Port Royal in the center of the beach is Folly Field. This community is accessed throught Folly Field Road or Port Royal Resort and is the Islands Oldest beach community.
- It has great sports fields! Chaplain park is 70 acres and offers islanders and visitors free well-lit tennis courts, Children’s Playground, Basketball Courts, Softball Fields, Soccer Fields, Bathrooms, and Free Parking.
- It has great beach parks! Folly Field Beach Park, off Folly Field Road, provides public beach access where parking is available for residents and guests. Here you will find restrooms, outdoor showers, handicap beach matting, seasonal lifeguards and seasonal beach rentals. It also has the surfers beach which is uncrowded and filled with locals and their dogs(during the posted hours) located at the end of Burkes Beach Road.
- It has the great Islanders Beach Park! Near Folly Field Beach and the Islander’s Beach Park, which allows permit parking, this neighborhood contains playgrounds, picnic areas, and a boardwalk to the beach. Hilton Head Beach and Tennis Resort is also located here.
- It has great fun for families! This family fun center has been here for as long as most islanders can remember. Instead of the world-class golfing greens of the gated plantation communities, Folly Field offers playful miniature golf, along with arcade games inside the Adventure Cove building.
- It has a great blend of property. Neighborhoods with streets named after flowers and villa communities make this a great beach community to live, vacation or rent in. Some of these communities include Sandcastles by the Sea, Singleton Beach, Island Club, Hilton Head Beach and Tennis, Fiddlers Cove, Admirals Row, cozy beach bungalows and brand new homes oceanfront and throughout.
- It has great Villa Resorts. The Marriot Surf Watch, Island Club and the Hilton Head Beach and Tennis are all located in Folly Field. These resorts offer a host of amenities with dining and activities for their owners and guests.
- It has a great dog park! Located in Chaplin Park is Hilton Head’s only Dog Park. There are two areas fenced off for sizes of dogs. Both areas have working water fountains for you and your pet. Park benches are placed all throughout the area.
- It has great Tennis! Hilton Head is a tennis players dream come true. There are hundreds of courts all over the island. Six are at the Chaplin Park with four lighted. These courts are intended for use by islanders.
***Extra bonus. It has Harolds! Located on the corner of Singleton Beach Road is Harolds. Known for great breakfasts, huge burgers and a cook that may bust your chops if you order wrong. This is a fun place to grab lunch with a friend.
Below are the price ranges for properties in Folly Field/Singleton Beach as of July 2009
Folly Field Homes $498,000 to $4,190,000
Folly Field Villas $ 99,000 to $2,800,000
Folly Field Home-sites $139,000 to $5,000,000
- It has a great master plan. In 1981 when Long Cove Club was unveiled it lured to the island a bevy of selective golfers seeking world-class golf with a Pete Dye masterpiece as its crowning jewel. Featuring 660 acres that meander through majestic oaks, the golf course and neighborhoods have a lagoon system that is interconnected for drainage and provides beautiful water views from the course and homes.
- It has a great location. Long Cove Club is in the middle of the Broad Creek and the William Hilton Parkway(HWY 278). Just outside the community gate are world-class restaurants, fantastic shopping, unbelievable beaches, grocery stores and all things that make this Island a wonderful place to live.
- It has a great pools. The Junior-Olympic-sized pool and pool house are in the center of the club and all it offers. This natural and comfortable outdoor living area is the site for parties and cookouts or just an afternnoons with a good book from the complimentary book exchange.
- It has a great club. The Clubhouse features two dining rooms, bar/lounge, men and ladies locker room, full service golf pro shop, cart and bag storage. The staff serves members and guests with great care. The food & beverage operation is open six days/week, with evening dining three nights a week.
- It has great security. Long Cove has friendly security people that will remember you at the gate and provide 24 hour gated security with only one entrance in and out.
- It has a great marina. This marina is located on Broad Creek leading to Calibogue Sound and thence to the sea. It offers 45 kayak slips,and 85 boat slips(brand new docks). The docks are a perfect place for parent and child fishing and crabbing.
- It has great tennis. Ten Har-Tru courts (four lighted), a viewing terrace for the matches and a pro shop round out a premier facility.
- It has great golf. Golf historian Charles Price: “. . . nobody could intelligently pick the noblest courses without having played Long Cove. It’s beautiful just for golf’s sake. It fits the land that’s there.” This course offers more than 7,000 yards and is a par 71.
- It has great property. With 570 properties and over 400 homes built, this community offers a range of sizes and prices for the big family to just a holiday home.
- It has great neighbors. All property owners are members to the same club and this is the catalyst in getting to meet some of your best friends you haven’t met yet. Whether it is lunch at the Club, followed by bridge in the afternoon or sunsets in the boat, you will find this communtity offers something for everyone.
Below are the price ranges in Long Cove as of July 2009.
Long Cove Homes $430,000 to $1,350,000
Long Cove Home sites $229,900 to $ 995,000
We hope you enjoy these benefit lists. Next week we will hi-lite Wexford and Spanish Wells. If you would like a complete ownership package that includes map and best buys please let us know. Be sure to visit our website to see all of our great listings. We stand ready to open these doors for you anytime.
Thanks to all of our great real estate agents working hard to help you find your place in the sun! Good Job, Good Job!
Happy Summer Days on an Island….
Robbie Bunting & Jane Hyers