There are basically three types of  insurance for a Hilton Head Home

  1. The first part is your homeowners coverage. Your Homeowners Policy will cover your home for losses due to fire, lightning, water pipe leaks, as well as liability, in case someone is hurt on your property.
  2. The second part is the wind coverage. This is issued through the SC Wind & Hail Association. Typically we see homes listed with a 3% deductible. To explain what that means – if you have damage caused by a regular wind storm, the deductible is 1% of the home value. If you have damage done by a “named storm” or hurricane the deductible is 3%.
  3. The third part is flood coverage. This will be offered through the Federal Flood Program. The maximum coverage is 250,000 on the dwelling and 100,000 contents. This is a Preferred Flood Program and those are the set limits.

If you have any questions regarding insurance or would like a quote from Robbie Holmquist at Farm Bureau Insurance, please call him at (843)522-0031 ext. 224  or send an email at  Thank you.