Imperial Pest“Why do I need a CL100 when I buy or sell a home or villa on Hilton Head?” I’m not sure where the name comes from, but a smarter title, which appears on the report itself, “OFFICIAL SOUTH CAROLINA WOOD INFESTATION REPORT”, makes alot more sense.  During a sale of structural property in South Carolina involving a lending institution, the CL-100 will usually be a mandatory report at closing.  In most conventional cases, the seller is responsible for the CL-100.  A thorough, professional inspection is part of every CL100. The report will point out any water-damage issues, however small they may be.  It’s important to know that the CL-100 will only report water and fungal damage that is “below the first main floor”.

Read the rest of this entry